We have an application that uses reactive-kafka to consume messages from a
kafka topic, do some validations and transformations on the messages, and
then persist to two different datastores. We are using two different
reactive kafka consumer streams for each of the datastores, using different
consumer-group-ids. Each of the stream can be enabled/disabled via
configuration in the application.

When we run either one of the consumer streams, they seem to run fine and
are able to consume messages and keep up with the topic reasonably well.
But when both streams are run together, we see a pretty high latency (4-5
minutes) and both consumers are unable to keep up with the messages from
the topic. We are publishing about 150000 messages/minute to the topic. We
are making sure that both consumers are managing blocking where applicable,
and are using separate dedicated dispatchers for the same.

Any ideas what could be going on ?