The Akka HTTP documentation [1] says:

"The Http.ServerBinding also provides a way to get a hold of the actual local address of the bound socket, which is useful for example when binding to port zero (and thus letting the OS pick an available port)."

The scenario is I'm using a localhost http service which needs to be on a system-assigned localhost port to communicate with subprocesses and I need to find out which port the server is bound to. Despite what the documentation says I can find no way of doing this before starting to accept incoming connections, and no way of doing it using the high-level routing DSL.

[1] https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-http/current/server-side/low-level-api.html#starting-and-stopping

--
Alan Burlison

     Read the docs: http://akka.io/docs/