I am not sure whether the leels are precentages or not, the manual
does not seem to say percentages.

The amplifier is not controlled by an app, you have to go to the a14
for that, I just had someone read the display.  This thing has menus
which I canot access, but I don't think I will need them much after
the initial setup.

I got this unit from some mention on this list, so I thought some
people had such things.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:35:27 -0500,
Steve Jacobson wrote:

> John,
>
> Since I own an older Rotel amplifier, I am curious about this unit.  Given
> that you are giving the level as an index value, is this amplifier
> controlled by an app or something?  When you give the levels as "45" and
> "72," what is the maximum value.  If the maximum value is 100 and these
> represent percentages, the values would seem to me to be low, but if they
> represent audio level in DB, then they might not be.  Make sure there isn't
> an "Audio Mute" button that reduces the output by 40DB or more for
> conveniently reducing volume when one answers a phone, for example.
>
> When I plug my iPhone into my stereo, it seems as though that running it at
> full volume results in a signal that is similar in level to my tuner and a
> CD player.  I have some other devices, such as an old Zenith VCR, that has a
> level that is really quite low.  In other words, there is some variability
> of  levels from the variety of input devices that we commonly use these
> days.  Still, these lower levels don't explain not having enough signal to
> trigger your subwoofer, there seems to be something else at play.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steve Jacobson

How do
you spend it?