Joe,

TotalRecorder will do exactly what he needs, least the version I have which
is V8.3PRO will.

I use it all the time to record whilst away, I can have up to five streams
recording on one pc at the same time but this obviously must depend largely
on the capacity of the broadband available.

TR needs the actual streaming link, such as, for radio 4 fm:

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p

Go to tools, down to scheduler and enter.

Then do alt n for new, enter.

You are now on the general tab, first field is comment, enter a short
comment which helps one negotiate through the list of jobs, then tab to
radio buttons, record, background play, default is record, this causes the
sound to play whilst recording, I go down to background.  next two radio
buttons, absolute time and duration, default is absolute time this I use, no
idea about use of duration.

4 radio buttons, start / stop time, default once, below is  weeklyh, daily
and special, I've not investigated special.

Next, series of check boxes, what these are depends on the last setting,
once gives you date spin box for year, month and day, defaults to current
date, cursor up/down to set required date then next tab is start-stop time
hh mm ss for each. Daily shows spin boxes for actual time, hours, minutes,
seconds for start then same for end. default is all zero, cursor up/down to
set for each.  Weekly shows 9 selections, weekdays, weekends, then each day
starting with Sunday.  Special, which I have never used, shows a settings
button, I do not know what this is or how it works.

Next, having chosen (daily has already been set) we have spin boxes for
start time hh mm ss and end time hh mm ss.

Now start-stop time now, use predefined cryteria, advanced buttons, I've
left these alone at default.

Next the url for the stream.

Next, is a more button, left this alone.

Then two radio buttons one says let TR choose the file name the other you
choose the file name into which the recording will be saved.  On my system
in the my music folder, I have a folder called TR DownLoads, in this, a
folder for 2018, within this, a folder for each month, within this a folder
for each day, within this, TR would place the file in the form of the stream
url plus date and time, so far, I have not been able to find a way of
ensuring TR saves other than in .mp3 128kbps 44,100Hertz stereo, maybe one
of the buttons mentioned above makes this possible, or one of the remaining
buttons. The TR Downloads folder is populated as TR needs to set anything
up.

Next edit field for file name, next file name button, then checkbox create a
new track separator for each clip when background recording by default is
unchecked, then ok, cancel, help.

Jobs can be exported / imported.

Having created your job(s), go to apply, return, ok, return, job is
completed.

You cannot alter scheduled jobs when TR is running a scheduled job.

Hope this rather brief explanation is sufficiently clear.

---
http://www.avg.com

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#342): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/342