Hi, Dean.

I think the most inexpensive and least complicated way for you to go is to get a usb audio interface with two inputs, one for a microphone and one forthe audio from your iphone. Companies like tascam, art, and presonus make these types ofinterfaces. I would take a look at sweetwater.com, http://www.sweetwater.com. You can probably get something like this for between $100 and $150.

I would give them a call and let them know what you are trying to do and what your budget is.