An external hardware controler for the machine is available so I’ll be checking
that out too. Not just for convenience sake but accessibility though on the
accessibility front things seem to be as accessible as they possibly could be
without speech.
I found out how to record slate tones as they’re called quite by accident
yesterday so now I have to work out how one can specify the duration
automatically if indeed such a process exists.

“And pray that there’s intelligent life somewhere out in space cause there’s
bugger-all down here on earth”