By the sounds of your place perhaps something like the Key Egg speaker system
might be useful given you have plenty of room on your entertainment unit.
The Key Egg is a very small but flexible and good sounding bookshelf speaker
system.
The flexibility of the Egg system means it can be used for all sorts of audio
tasks around the home.
You could put the Key Egg on a desk with your computer using the USB input thus
the computer treats the Key egg as a sound card and you thereby get access to
full digital crips clear sound.
Connect the Key Egg’s digital input to your Television .
Use the Key Egg with your iPhone or other Bluetooth devices.
The Egg system consists of a left and right speaker wired together with all the
inputs and outputs on the rear of the right speaker.
You can even connect a sub-woofer if you want more bass.
I have a Kef Egg system in my Den on my computer desk though I don’t yet have a
sub-woofer connected but I’m still amazed at the sound of the Egg system.
Key use drivers which radiate the sound around the room, great stereo sound
without any sweet spots so this means that you can wandered around your room
and listen in any position you like and you still hear stunning stereo sound.
Yes you pay good money for the Key Egg system but you will be rewarded. Ief
like Bowers And Wilkins have been in the speaker game for over 50 years so they
know what they’re doing.