From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: February 15, 2021 06:43 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] podcasting, any tips?

Hello,

I'm dipping in to podcasting. I've made and submitted one, but think I could do
better. The podcast is a demo which is recorded on my s10+ using amazing mp3
recorder, and demoing features of the phone so it's also talking.

One thing I've noticed is sometimes the audio isn't right, it's either to loud
or not loud enough, I've maximized volume. I am using
goldwave6 with some added-vst-plugins for post-processing. The files are
recorded as wav files then saved as 44.1Khz 64Kbps mp3 files.

I thought about giving a compressor a go to make my voice crisper and the phone
volume more even as well, but don't want to smash things to soundly.

I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks.
Dave.