Hello David,

Your recordings will sound better if you give a little thought to damping audio
refections. It is amazing what a few cushions and a blanket draped over a door
can do. Your fan is probably being recorded because there are plenty of hard
surfaces to bounce the audio around. Introduce plenty of soft furnishings to
stop the sound from being reflected. Also change the angle of hard surfaces if
you can. Because if you have 2 parallel surfaces sound just bounces backwards
and forwards and is amplified. By having a door half open, will reflect the
sound in a different direction. There are many DIY acoustic hood youtube
videos. From a simple cardboard box to things a lot more elaborate. Sound also
bounces from floor to ceiling. Stand on a soft rug or something to stop the
bounce. A cardboard box tippled up on its sided with your bed pillow inside and
against the back of the box will have a dramatic change to the recording.

It is a lot easier to stop it being recorded in the first place than to remove
it..

Regards,

Gena

Georgina