From: Hertel, Carrie Lynn
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 12:03 PM
To: 'alljoyn-core@lists.alljoyn.org' <alljoyn-core@lists.alljoyn.org>
Cc: Gilbert, Tyler - CASS <tyler.gilb...@oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Proposed Build Documentation Updates

Hello -

As discussed in the last AJOSP Core Working Group meeting, attached is our
proposed restructure example of the Linux "Build" area of the AllJoyn
documentation found here:
https://allseenalliance.org/framework/documentation/develop/building/linux

These are markdown documents, so please make sure you use a markdown viewer to
have the best ability to read them.

The idea is to break the information up into areas that a new developer may be
interested in to enable them get to the information quickly and not have to
scroll and look for specific items.  I know someone spent a lot of time
creating the existing WebDocs and I want to honor that and ask for any feedback
before we make major changes.

Additional point - We would also like to propose having the technical
documentation (Builds and Samples) grouped by platform rather than activity.
This will also aid developers in finding information pertinent to their chosen
platform (Linux, iOS, Windows, etc.) quickly.

Thank you for your support and time in reviewing this proposal.

Thanks,
Carrie

Carrie Hertel, PMP
Software Dev Group & Test Lab Director
Center for Applied Systems and Software
Oregon State University - School of EECS
224 Milne CC
Corvallis, OR 97331
office: 541-737-6012
cell: 541-619-0849
carrie.her...@oregonstate.edu<mailto:carrie.her...@oregonstate.edu>
CASS.oregonstate.edu<cass.oregonstate.edu>