Snowdrops coming into bloom here in Tennessee, too.  The  buds waited under
our recent snow until it melted and are now  opening.

Paige:  The most successful in my garden are Galanthus  elwesii which have
spread nicely and are somewhat larger than G. nivalis.   My favorite,
however, came from Don Hackenberry's, and he called it 'Mighty  Atom' (not).
It
blooms later, but is a lot bigger and more vigorous.   I have transplanted it
to several areas, and it spreads well.  I don't know  its origin.

Nancy Robinson this morning sent me a picture of a lovely  little one in
her garden.

All is not lost!  Spring will come.

Elin Johnson
Sweetwater, Tennessee