Cyclamen graecum will not survive outside here in N. E. Scotland and under
cold glass it is not happy - it seems to really demand frost free conditions in
most of the UK so I can sympathise with Diane W's difficulties with the species.

Happily we have had no such problems with the delightfully robust  C.
hederifolium. We  were bequeathed a fifty year old C. hederifolium tuber which
had lived under a heather bed all its life and was around 56cm in circumference
when we moved it to our garden. It flowered for another twenty years before we
foolishly tried to move it again.
What a mistake to make -  we felt awful - plant murderers!

M. Y.