I, too, miss the conversations on Alpine L.

I was stunned by the size of the Cyclamen bulbs.  I  thought my four-inch
bulbs were enormous.  Oddly, though, the blooms seemed  not to be
comparatively
larger.  How strange!  The point was made that she  was protecting the
bulbs from wet.  Here in Tennessee we have forty-odd  inches of rain a year, a
lot in the winter.  I have lost some of my bulbs  and that may be the reason
since they are doing so exceptionally well in a much  dryer climate.
Incidentally, I planted my bulbs about an inch underground,  but they move to
the
surface and are easily seen with about half the bulb above  ground.

Elin Johnson