 Subject: [Alpine-l] New Plant I.D. Website
 To: alpine-l@science.uu.nl
 Date: Friday, January 9, 2015, 7:49 PM

 This may not be of
 interest to most of Alpine-L as the species depicted at my
 new identification website are growing wild between 9,400
 and 10,200 feet in Colorado, which is the Upper Montane to
 Lower Subalpine Zones.  The link is:  http://www.picturetrail.com/snowtrekker7
 named the site "Wildflowers of Peak 7, Breckenridge,
 Colorado".  So far, there are 260 species arranged
 by color and (I'm sorry) identified first by common
 name.  I created the site for the locals who are not
 especially plant savvy but who have a "budding"
 interest in knowing the names and details of the plants they
 see while walking their dog, biking or hiking on
 neighborhood trails (which are within the wooded White River
 National Forest).  That's why I chose to arrange
 them by color and use the local
 names. However, within each color
 album, the plants are arranged alphabetically by botanical
 family and then alphabetically within the respective family
 by genus and then by species.
  I'm limited by PictureTrail
 to a certain size image and a certain number of individual
 photos so I have created composite photos of each species
 showing the important structural
 parts. Many of the short species
 are in my experimental gardens.  Even though they
 aren't true alpines from above treeline, their small
 stature and reliable, showy blooms work well for me in rocky
 crevices I have created in my rock
 walls. I hope you will find the
 site interesting and possibly helpful.  If you see any
 errors, please let me know right away.  If you're
 interested in growing some of the species depicted, please
 contact me as I collect seeds of many species every year and
 may have some of the species you might be interested in
 growing. Jane
 HendrixMountain View Experimental
 GardensPeak 7 Area - Breckenridge, Colorado
 USAElevation: 10,000 feetUSDA Zone:
 4Websites:  http://www.picturetrail.com/snowtrekker7
 http://www.picturetrail.com/hendrix