This may not be of interest to most of Alpine-L as the species depicted at my
new identification website are growing wild between 9,400 and 10,200 feet in
Colorado, which is the Upper Montane to Lower Subalpine Zones.  The link is:
http://www.picturetrail.com/snowtrekker7 I named the site "Wildflowers of Peak
7, Breckenridge, Colorado".  So far, there are 260 species arranged by color
and (I'm sorry) identified first by common name.  I created the site for the
locals who are not especially plant savvy but who have a "budding" interest in
knowing the names and details of the plants they see while walking their dog,
biking or hiking on neighborhood trails (which are within the wooded White
River National Forest).  That's why I chose to arrange them by color and use
the local names. However, within each color album, the plants are arranged
alphabetically by botanical family and then alphabetically within the
respective family by genus and then by species.   I'm limited by PictureTrail
to a certain size image and a certain number of individual photos so I have
created composite photos of each species showing the important structural
parts. Many of the short species are in my experimental gardens.  Even though
they aren't true alpines from above treeline, their small stature and reliable,
showy blooms work well for me in rocky crevices I have created in my rock
walls. I hope you will find the site interesting and possibly helpful.  If you
see any errors, please let me know right away.  If you're interested in growing
some of the species depicted, please contact me as I collect seeds of many
species every year and may have some of the species you might be interested in
growing. Jane HendrixMountain View Experimental GardensPeak 7 Area -
Breckenridge, Colorado USAElevation: 10,000 feetUSDA Zone: 4Websites:
http://www.picturetrail.com/snowtrekker7
http://www.picturetrail.com/hendrix