From: "Niek van der Maas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] Updated: via8233 driver -- testers wanted

On Friday 31 May 2002 13:55, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> it seems like no interrupts are generated during playback.
> could you check whether the status in /proc/interrupts is changed
> during playback?
>
> also, could you check whether capture works?  capture uses a different
> SGD, so it might work individually from playback.
>

> (BTW, CD and line-ine can be heard without problems, since they are
>  routed directly throught ac97, so no sound engine is needed.)
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

Hi Takashi,

I tried it, and here are the results:

Before playing:
tussen root # cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    3875633          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       6924          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      21629          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 11:          0          XT-PIC  VIA8233
 12:     305308          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      60038          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         45          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:    3875608
ERR:       4810
MIS:          0

Start playing file:
tussen root # aplay /usr/kde/3/share/sounds/pop.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/kde/3/share/sounds/pop.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian,
Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:413:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed:
Input/output error

While playing file:
tussen root # cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    3882996          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       6940          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      21629          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 11:          0          XT-PIC  VIA8233
 12:     305536          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      60050          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         45          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:    3882972
ERR:       4810
MIS:          0

After playing file:
tussen root # cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    3892526          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       6950          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      21629          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 11:          0          XT-PIC  VIA8233
 12:     305744          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      60074          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         45          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:    3892501
ERR:       4810

How can I test the capture? Do you mean that I have to plug in a microphone
and record a sound or so?

Thanks,

Niek.