Hi Thorsten,

At Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:19:47 +0200,
Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

> Hello
>
> this is a resend as my first mail didn't come through.
>
> Since the update of my system I had the problem that after a apm -s the sound
> was no longer working (even with use snd_use_pm=2). I have a ESS Maestro 2E.
>
> After some search I found the problem in es1968.c.
>
> I have attached the patch which solves the problem.

thanks for the patch!

well, i'd like to do this rather in a differet manner.
the vendor check in the current code is a kind of "white list".
similarly, we can add the check of other ids as the acceptable
devices. so, could you tell me the subsystem vendor/device ids?
you can get them from the output of "lspci -nvv".

meanwhile, it's also true that pm control option should have priority
than this list.  i'll fix that, too.

thanks,