At Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:14:51 -0700 (PDT),
Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> thanks to various people on this list, I have managed to make an ALSA driver
> that works for most AudioScience cards.
>
> I have attached a patch against alsa-driver-0.9.4
> But I'm not sure if this is the desired form, or whether I have located the
> driver in the correct part of the tree.
>
> This driver depends on a module external to ALSA (asihpi, (GPL), available from
> our website).  I couldn't figure out how to add a driver specific include path,
> so  I made a symbolic link across to the (only one) header file.

an easy solution is to copy the necessary header files from the asihpi
driver to the alsa driver tree.  if it's under GPL, no problem about
this action :)

however, if the asihpi driver is subjected to be changed often (and
its external functions, too), it's of course better to use symlink to
follow it.
in this case, we'll add a configure option to specify the directory of
the asihpi driver source. then audioscience driver will be disabled
unless this option is specified.