Hi,

this issue is over a year old, but in case someone stumbles on
to the same problem. The solution is already documented at

   http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=cs46xx

... but it took me a while to find it. :)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Bob McElrath wrote:

>>>Recording still seems to not work.  I still get about a 1Hz ticking in
> I cannot record anything at all, from any input (I haven't tried from
> SPDIF -- I don't have a reliable SPDIF source anyway)  I get the 1Hz

I had this very same problem with alsa-driver-0.9.8. The problem turned
out to be that I had not selected 'ADC' as a capture source in alsamixer.
So you need to select all three: 'ADC', 'Mic' and 'Capture' for the
recording to work properly.

PS Tested with IBM Thinkpad models T20 and T21.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!