On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:07:26 -0500
Paul Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I'm working on changing DMIX to allow clients to open the capture
> >stream.
>
> i don't get it. dmix is for playback, not capture. what would be the
> semantics of this?

Hmm, i don't know the OP's answer to this, but i like to ask a very
related question:

It is possible to create a playback pcm device with the help of the dmix
plugin. This way several apps can playback at once - nice. But now what
about using two apps that do full duplex at the same time?

It is also possible to create a readable pcm device with the help of the
dsnoop plugin. This way several apps can record at once..

But the question is: How do i combine those two, so that i have a pcm
device that is readable and writeable by multiple clients on a soundcard
that does not support hw mixing of neither capture nor playback streams.
And how do i get OSS emu to work with it. I suppose i will need to alter
the pcm.dsp0 device to use that dmix/dsnoop combined device..

Flo

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm