Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:18:44 +0900,
Patrick Shirkey wrote:

Using latest cvs I am unable to run the hdsp as a normal user. It works as root user however.

Any ideas for fixing this?

this sounds like a permission problem.
check the permission of /dev/snd/* files.

on some systems, the permission of these files is changed dynamically
at each login over xdm via PAM.

Hmm, seems I had to completely logout for my changes to the perms to have effect. Thanks for the tip.

I'll add something to the online docs about this.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM