From: Nick Ing-Simmons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 January 2004 17:56
To: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] VIA82XX & aRTS

Ralph Little <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>Hi,
>Sorry if this has been mentioned before,
>I tried 1.0.0rc1 with 2.4.19 kernel on my VIA 8233 onboard sound. Seems

>to work fine mostly, except aRTS (KDE) when starts up generates a
>horrible squealy noise and barfs out with a CPU overload message after
>about 10/15 seconds or so. (KDE 3.1.4) when trying to play a sound
>through it.
>
>OSS option used.

Why - what happens with alsa option?

>Anything I can try to help to get to the bottom of this?
>What information would help?
>
>Regards,
>Ralph
>

>---------
>We have moved! Tribal Data Solutions (formerly Trackit Systems) has
>moved to bigger and better premises at Hawthorn Park, which is two
minutes from the junction of the A64 and Leeds outer ring road. The new
contact details are; Tribal Data Solutions, Tribal House, Hawthorn Park,
Coal Road, Leeds, LS14 1PQ, Telephone number - 0113 306 0306. For more
details and a map, please visit our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk
>This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the
basis of our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be
inspected by visiting http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp
>If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of our
copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.