I notice that if you send to a non-running sequencer queue an event
scheduled for exactly the current time of the queue, then the event
is delivered immediately: the queue doesn't wait to be started first.

Is this intentional?  I had thought the main reason for allowing
queues to stop and start was to permit stuffing a queue with events
away from the pressure of time and then decide at leisure when to
start playing them, but that only seems to make sense if the queue is
guaranteed not to deliver any of them until you tell it to go.  If
it's intentional, what is the intended use?  (compared to not queuing
your event at all, that is.)

Chris