On Monday 12 Jan 2004 5:19 pm, Chris Cannam wrote:
> I notice that if you send to a non-running sequencer queue an event
> scheduled for exactly the current time of the queue, then the event
> is delivered immediately: the queue doesn't wait to be started
> first.
>
> Is this intentional?

OK, my description was a little incomplete and now that I've refined
my search on the ALSA list archives it seems the question may be
obvious and perhaps moot.  I was queueing my events on the stopped
queue (using RT timestamps rather than ticks) and then draining the
alsa-lib buffer via snd_seq_drain_output; of course, in practice I
can simply defer the latter until I actually want to start the queue.

I do find the stopped queue's behaviour a bit perplexing though.

Chris