On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:18:55PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> You're right.  The error was not txcr, but in another WARN_ON() for
> checking chan->tx_substream (line 404)!  (Russell, you mislead this,
> too ;)

Well I don't have the exact source which this guy is using, so I can
only guess.

> The reason is same -- since hw_params is not called,
> chan->tx_substream is not set, too.

Wrong.  It's memset to zero by matter of fact of how it is allocated.
I'm surprised you don't know this.  It is afterall code which I thought
you'd be fully aware of, being core ALSA code.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/