Hello all, I am hoping you can help me with getting my sound working on
my Dell OptiPlex GX1 (CS4236B).

I am running kernel 2.4.17, and the latest stable alsa drivers as of
yesterday.

I have compiled with isapnp=yes, and compilation and install went fine.
A cat of /proc/isapnp shows:

########################
Card 1 'CSC6835:CS4236B' PnP version 1.0 Product version 0.1
  Logical device 0 'CSC0000:WSS/SB'
    Device is not active
    Resources 0
      Priority preferred
      Port 0x534-0x608, align 0xd3, size 0x4, 16-bit address decoding
      Port 0x388-0x388, align 0x7, size 0x4, 16-bit address decoding
      Port 0x220-0x240, align 0x1f, size 0x10, 16-bit address decoding
      IRQ 5,7,2/9 High-Edge
      DMA 1,3 8-bit byte-count compatible
      DMA 0,1,3 8-bit byte-count compatible
      Alternate resources 0:1
        Priority acceptable
        Port 0x534-0xffc, align 0x3, size 0x4, 16-bit address decoding
        Port 0x388-0x3f0, align 0x7, size 0x4, 16-bit address decoding
        Port 0x220-0x260, align 0xf, size 0x10, 16-bit address decoding
        IRQ 5,7,2/9,11,12,15 High-Edge
        DMA 0,1,3 8-bit byte-count compatible
  Logical device 1 'CSC000f:Game'
    Device is not active
    Resources 0
      Priority preferred
      Port 0x3a0-0x3f8, align 0x7, size 0x8, 16-bit address decoding
  Logical device 2 'CSC0010:Ctrl'
    Device is not active
    Resources 0
      Priority preferred
      Port 0xf00-0xfe8, align 0x7, size 0x8, 16-bit address decoding
  Logical device 3 'CSC0003:MPU'
    Device is not active
    Resources 0
      Priority preferred
      Port 0x330-0x3f0, align 0x7, size 0x2, 16-bit address decoding
########################

The device states that it is not active, and I checked the BIOS and it
is indeed enabled.

Here is what I get when I run /etc/init.d/alsasound start:

########################
Starting sound driver: snd-card-cs4236
snd: CS4236+ soundcard #1 not found at 0x534 or device busy
snd: CS4236+ soundcard #2 not found or device busy
/lib/modules/2.4.17/misc/snd-card-cs4236.o: init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.17/misc/snd-card-cs4236.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.17/misc/snd-card-cs4236.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.17/misc/snd-card-cs4236.o: insmod snd-card-cs4236
failed
########################

Here is my modules.conf:

########################
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-cs4236
options snd-card-cs4236 snd_port=0x534 snd_cport=0x220 snd_mpu_port=-1
snd_fm_port=0x388 snd_irq=9 snd_mpu_irq=7 snd_dma1=1
########################

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user

Reply via email to