On 14-Jan-03, Thong Nguyen wrote:

> I installed alsa-drivers-0.9.0rc6 and I think it installed correctly.
> I also installed the utility and library package as well.  My problem
> is that I get a segmentation fault when I try to list /proc/asound.

Is there an Oops message in the console output?  (Check virtual console
1, or the output from the dmesg command)  Did you use the same compiler
for the ALSA modules as for your kernel?

(uname -a should tell you the gcc version used for your kernel; gcc
 --version will tell you which version of gcc you used for ALSA)
--
Adam Jones ([EMAIL PROTECTED])(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
.oO("Heh heh heh... "HONK!"  Ha ha heh heh heh..."                     )