This is a total guess hack, but it at least got me thru the configure script:

edit line 1672 of the configure script, change snd_cards to snd_card_get_name

rerun configure. This got me thru the configure script, but then I had a gtk library error. I grepped nm libasound.so for snd-cards, just like it said of course no such animal, so i picked a symbol that looked harmless to get the configure script to pass. I havent messed with the gtk error yet, since the device Im using isnt supported anyway (its an EZ8 card by Event Electronics, using the same Envy24 chip). I am more interested in learning linux sound / device driver programming than just getting it working so I didnt realy need the mixer that much yet.

Thus is obviously a total hack, and I have no idea if it will work, but I had a good feeling it will with the gtk error resolved. While looking up Envy24 docs I came across a patch for envy24control, something about patching it to support gtk2, so maybe thats what I needed. In time...

So, if you don't get any real answers, give it a try :) Lemme know if it does work.

patrick wrote:
hi,

i have a delta 410 and if someone could share is experience / conf with me that would be great! i'm trying to compile envy24control-0.0.4 but i have this error :

checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound
checking for libasound headers version >= 0.5.5... found.
checking for snd_cards in -lasound... no
configure: error: No linkable libasound was found.

but]# locate libasound
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib/libasound.la
/usr/lib/libasound.a
/usr/lib/libasound.so

i have the -0.0.1 installed, i don't understand why i have [right] and [left] for PCM Out 1 cause it's one channel (ie: right). i have to mute [left] or the signal gets really loud.

patrick

-- http://nostar.isa-geek.com/