Hey Patrick,

I just realized the root of all that mess was that the version we both have is way out of date. The latest is inside the alsa-tools tarball, just unpack and enter the envy24control directory and ./configure;make;make install.

patrick wrote:
hi doug,

thanx for the reply. the configure script is ok now, but the make complain :

/usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h:1:2: warning: #warning This header is deprecated, use <alsa/asoundlib.h> instead.
envy24control.c:21:28: linux/asoundid.h: No such file or directory

asoundid.h ???

have you seen post from jaroslav (the author of the script) on the mailing-list ?

patrick

-- http://nostar.isa-geek.com/