From v.1.0.3rc2 on, whenever I open envy24control, the S/PDIF output drops out. The Master Clock setting gets set to 'Word Clock'. I can usually regain output by switching back to an internal clock source. Sometimes it kills S/PDIF completely, meaning the 'digital in' LED on my monitors drops out, and wont return until I unload and reload the ice1712 driver.

I did a diff between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 to see that the subdevice ID of the 1010LT has been added to a couple of checks. The one in particular that seems to be hosing me is the function called on line 85 of >= 1.0.3rc2:

snd_ctl_elem_value_set_boolean(word_clock_sync, 0, on ? 1 : 0);

By commenting this line all the S/PDIF problems go away, and I can open/close envy24control at will without losing the output. All of the master clock functionality works as excpected. I confirmed this on 1.0.3rc2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, and CVS versions of alsa-tools. I don't know the alsa lib API well enough yet to know if this is a legitimate fix for a legitimate bug, but it does at least fix the problem on 4 delta 1010LT equipped machines that I have.

Doug
--
http://nostar.isa-geek.com/