Hi,
    I am using Dual bootable system FC5 and RHEL4 on Toshiba Satellite
Laptop. SO in an all talking in terms of kernel versions, i have
2.6.16 FC5 kernel,2.6.16-7 vanilla kernel, 2.6.9-34 RHEL kernel.
   My problem is that i want to configure my Intel Modem
00:1e.3 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family)
AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)
So i downloaded slmodem and compile it but it falied. Same happened
with FC5 and RHEL 4 kernels. FC5 kernel uses 1.0.11 ALSA packages,RHEL
uses 1.0.6 ALSA packages
Then i downloaded Vanill 2.6.16-7 kernel and my modem got configured.
This can be checked with aplay  -l command.
  On FC5, RHEL 4 i got only
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH6]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH6 - IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

but on Vanilla 2.16-7 kernel i got 3 entries including Modem also. Why
such things happened?
Also then when i restart 2.6.16-7 and reboot it no modem entry but
when i boot to FC5 i got those 3 including modem detection in aplay -l
why such things are happening?

i want aplay -l to show modem entry also?
Regards,
Parag