On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:09:34AM +0200, Asbj??rn S??b?? wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 03:27:54PM +1000, Terry North wrote:
> > Is there any support for a forum as an alternative to
> > the user list, which is such a clumsy, fragmented and
> > disorganised format?
> 
> I am completely against it.  With a mailing list, all messages get 
> delivered to my inbox, grouped and sorted after my wishes.  And if I 
> need older history, I can always check the archives.
> 
> Web-forums, on the other hand, are in my opnion alomst useless.  One 
> must go to each of the forums (remember that many of us  subscribe to 
> several lists), use unfamiliar interfaces, can not sort or group 
> messages as I like, can not easily see what messages are new since I was 
> there last time ...
> 
> By all means, let us keep the list.
> 
> Asbjørn
 
Mailing lists are also friendlier than web-forums to 
those using braille or text-to-speech systems.
-- 
Joel Roth


-------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user

Reply via email to