Mark,

> Any chance you might be working on hdspmixer at the same time.

Yes, another main goal right now is bringing the hdsp user space
applications up-to-date.

> I worked on testing it when Thomas Charbonell first wrote the program.
> One disappointing limitation of the whole HDSP Linux support suite is
> that there is no way to use the cards without logging in to a
> graphical interface and running hdspmixer by hand to set everything
> up.

You address two issues here: The hdsp userspace tools not only consist
of the hdspmixer application. There's also the hdspconf, hdsploader and
new tools like a flasher. My current versions do work from the shell,
since I need to deactivate the RPM's standby mode during boot. The
userspace tools are completely rewritten and not yet finished.

> It would be a real help if the Linux environment could set up the
> card's audio routing when Alsa first comes up so that a graphical
> environment wasn't required at all.

Noted. I also have added MIDI support and support for devices like the
griffin powermate for master volume control.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net