Mike Knichel wrote:
> I have recently set up a computer for my daughter from old parts.  It
> uses the VIA 8237 chip.  I can get no sound from speakers.
> I even ran the alsa script and the results are here...

Your mixer settings seem to be correct.

However, some mainboards use another than the front output for their
front jack.  Try plugging the speakers into another output, and/or
changing the settings so that it play to more outputs (Exchange Front/
Surround, or Channel Mode 6ch, Surround Jack Mode Independent, Spread
Front to Surround and Center/LFE).

HTH
Clemens