Mike Knichel wrote:
> I do not have front mounted speaker jacks.  Only the ones in the back.

I meant "front" as opposed to "surround" or "center/LFE".

If you have only one jack intended for speakers, then your description
looks as if that jack is connected to the "surround" output of the
codec.  Please try setting the "Surround Jack Mode" control to
"Independent" and enabling the "Exchange Front/Surround" control.

HTH
Clemens