Hi all,

I'd like some advice on a USB soundcard. The reason for getting one is
that I'd like to have good quality sound on all the computers I use or
will use. The quality should be good enough to allow speech
recognition. Of course, that is possible to some extend with any
soundcard, but if the quality is low it has a big impact.

Unfortunately, the better the quality of the cards, the less standard
compliance they seem to be. At least that seems to be the underlying
message of everything I've read so far.

I'm a typical end user I'm afraid, so the card I'll get should run out
of the box if at all possible. It'd be great if it would be from a
manufacturer that is more or less open source friendly or at least
alsa project friendly, so I can vote with my feet.

Thanks!

Bolawy