On 07/06/2012 02:29 PM, Bryan Ischo wrote:
> On 07/06/12 09:47, Doug wrote:
>> I am using the NVidia driver. I'm aware that Nouvou doesn't support
>> all the features of the card, and is usually deprecated except by
>> open-source fanatics.
> One small piece of advice: if you're going to ask for help, it's best
> not to insult people ("open-source fanatics").  Why you would even
> bother to take the time to specifically be insulting in this context is
> beyond me.  I'm guessing it's a habit.  You should try to break it.
>
> Bryan

No insult was intended.  Surely everyone is aware that there is a
group of Linux users who are adamantly opposed to using
anything that's not "FOSS." That, of course, is their prerogative,
but I thought it useful to state that it is not mine. And of course,
in the history of Linux, the operating system with its DE was
not always free--I must have spent over $200 on RedHat, SuSe,
Fedora, etc. back in the late 90s and early oughts.

--doug