On 31/01/14 13:35, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 13:17 +0000, michael norman wrote:
>> I have the same card at the moment installed in a box that dual boots
>> openSuse and LinuxMint 16.
>>
>> I have never seen your problem it just works but having said that my
>> openSUSE is 12.3 and not 13.1 which I have tried to install on two boxes
>> and given up on as it appears the multimedia stuff is horribly broken.
>> Could that be your issue ?
>>
>> My current card and previous versions have always worked out of the box
>> in linux.
>
> For a suspend/resume too?

Forgive me if I don't understand what you mean suspend/resume how ? If I
start playing audio through the card and either pause or stop  the
programme and restart playing it starts again.

I just use the card for playing audio.  I usually install the alsa
plugin gui stuff for a gui volume control and make sure analogue output
volume is set.  Never fiddled with jackd and leave pulseaudio running.

But I.ve never tried to do anything with the card other than straight
audio playback.