Thanks Alex for valuable review and suggestion, I will ask leading author of
draft-alto-request-routing-alto to implement the changes you suggested.

-Qin
发件人: Alexey Melnikov [mailto:alexey.melni...@isode.com]
发送时间: 2021年12月15日 4:22
收件人: Qin Wu <bill.wu=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>; media-ty...@ietf.org
抄送: alto@ietf.org; Francesca Palombini <francesca.palomb...@ericsson.com>;
draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto....@ietf.org
主题: Re: [media-types] application/alto-* Media Types Registration Request

Hi  Qin,
Overall this looks fine to me. A few comments below:

On 03/12/2021 11:17, Qin Wu wrote:
Hello,
Here is the registration request of application/alto-* Media Types defined in
section 7.1 of draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto/
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html

I’ve included the details below.

Note that this document has already entered into IESG review phase. Francesca
Palombini kindly reminds us and the authors of this draft to
send the media type registrations to the media-type mailing list for review
before the document moves forward. Thanks Francesca.

-Qin (on behalf of chairs)
7.1.
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#section-7.1>
 application/alto-* Media
Types<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#name-application-alto-media-type>

This document updates the IANA Media Types Registry by registering two
additional ALTO media types, listed in Table
1<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#TableMediaTypes>.
Table
1<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#table-1>:
 Additional ALTO Media
Types.<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#name-additional-alto-media-types>

Type

Subtype

Specification

application

alto-cdni+json

Section
3<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#cdnifci>
 of RFCthis

application

alto-cdnifilter+json

Section
5<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#filteredcdnifci>
 of RFCthis

Type name:

application
Subtype name:

This document registers multiple subtypes, as listed in Table
1<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#TableMediaTypes>.
Existing media type registration template doesn’t allow registering multiple
media types using the same template. So you will need to create multiple
registrations.

Having said that, a few minor comments below:
Required parameters:

n/a
Optional parameters:

n/a
Encoding considerations:

Encoding considerations are identical to those specified for the
"application/json" media type. See
[RFC8259<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#RFC8259>].
Security considerations:

Security considerations related to the generation and consumption of ALTO
Protocol messages are discussed in Section 15 of
[RFC7285<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#RFC7285>].
Interoperability considerations:

This document specifies formats of conforming messages and the interpretation
thereof.
This section is for known interoperability concerns. If you don’t know of any,
putting N/A here is probably the best.
Published specification:

This document is the specification for these media types; see Table
1<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17.html#TableMediaTypes>
 for the section documenting each media type.
Applications that use this media type:

ALTO servers and ALTO clients either stand alone or are embedded within other
applications.
Please add a reference to a document where ALTO is defined. Registration
templates can be read by people who are not necessarily familiar with this
technology.

Also when you split the registration template into 2 it would be good to have a
sentence here explaining how the two formats differ.
Additional information:
Magic number(s):

n/a
File extension(s):

This document uses the mime type to refer to protocol messages and thus does
not require a file extension.

I don’t think I agree with this statement, but not having a file extension is
Ok. So just put “N/A” here.

Macintosh file type code(s):

n/a
Person & email address to contact for further information:

See Authors' Addresses section.
Intended usage:

COMMON
Restrictions on usage: