Hi Qiufang,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 5:34 PM maqiufang (A) <maqiufa...@huawei.com> wrote:

> [...]
> authentication configuration (expended by tls-server-parameters grouping):
>
>         |              |  +--rw client-authentication!
> {client-auth-supported}?
>
>         |              |  |  +--rw ca-certs! {client-auth-x509-cert}?
>
>         |              |  |  |  +--rw (local-or-truststore)
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(local)
> {local-definitions-supported}?
>
>         |              |  |  |     |  +--rw local-definition
>
>         |              |  |  |     |     +--rw certificate* [name]
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw
> name                      string
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw
> cert-data                 trust-anchor-cert-cms
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +---n certificate-expiration
> {certificate-expiration-notification}?
>
>         |              |  |  |     |           +-- expiration-date
> yang:date-and-time
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(truststore)
> {central-truststore-supported,certificates}?
>
>         |              |  |  |        +--rw truststore-reference?
> ts:certificate-bag-ref
>
>         |              |  |  +--rw ee-certs! {client-auth-x509-cert}?
>
>         |              |  |  |  +--rw (local-or-truststore)
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(local)
> {local-definitions-supported}?
>
>         |              |  |  |     |  +--rw local-definition
>
>         |              |  |  |     |     +--rw certificate* [name]
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw
> name                      string
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw
> cert-data                 trust-anchor-cert-cms
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +---n certificate-expiration
> {certificate-expiration-notification}?
>
>         |              |  |  |     |           +-- expiration-date
> yang:date-and-time
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(truststore)
> {central-truststore-supported,certificates}?
>
>         |              |  |  |        +--rw truststore-reference?
> ts:certificate-bag-ref
>
>         |              |  |  +--rw raw-public-keys!
> {client-auth-raw-public-key}?
>
>         |              |  |  |  +--rw (local-or-truststore)
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(local)
> {local-definitions-supported}?
>
>         |              |  |  |     |  +--rw local-definition
>
>         |              |  |  |     |     +--rw public-key* [name]
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw name
> string
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw public-key-format
> identityref
>
>         |              |  |  |     |        +--rw public-key
> binary
>
>         |              |  |  |     +--:(truststore)
> {central-truststore-supported,public-keys}?
>
>         |              |  |  |        +--rw truststore-reference?
> ts:public-key-bag-ref
>
>         |              |  |  +--rw tls12-psks?        empty
> {client-auth-tls12-psk}?
>
>         |              |  |  +--rw tls13-epsks?       empty
> {client-auth-tls13-epsk}?
>
> So what are we expecting to define this authentication choice?

Good point. I think we can reuse the client-authentication config. The
auth-client list can just provide a binding from the client-id to one of
http basic-auth user-id, certificate name, and public key name. It allows a
role in the role list to easily reference an authenticated client using
client-id.

> If there is only one client-id leaf needed inside client list, then why
> not directly define the client as leaf-list? Or would we like future
> extension to the client list definition?

I think leaf-list should be enough. Will change it.

> BTW. There seems to exist some revision inconsistence warnings:
>
> libyang warn: File name "ietf-alto-st...@2022-07-11.yang" does not match
> module revision "2023-02-10".
>
> libyang warn: File name "ietf-a...@2022-10-24.yang" does not match module
> revision "2023-02-10".

Could it be caused by the local cache? I don't see the warnings reported by
the datatracker.

Cheers,
Jensen