When I have the Telemetrum in flight monitor mode, I get RSSI, lat and long, the things as expected. The RSSI is stable, lat and long become stable, voltage may drop 0.01V every couple minutes. That is cool, everything looks like it is operating fine.

If I remove power to the Telemetrum, the HMI does not change. Not unexpected...nothing to tell the HMI to change

The problem I am having is that once everything is stabilized I no longer have an obvious indication that it is all working. My best option has been to go look in the table and check the temperature...it fluctuates quite regularly every couple seconds or so. That gives me confidence I still have a downlink from the Telemetrum. But doing that seems to be a awkward way to check the link.

Is it possible to provide on the Monitor Flight HMI some sort of indication of link activity. Similar to the blinking light on the Teledongle. Perhaps a screen age thing, as in this screen data is one second old, five seconds old, 5 minutes old. Something that tells me I'm getting data, I have a data link. No data link, no fly.

Or zero out lat and long on no data?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thx

Ron Veale (32.937716 -112.680762)
CAR S699 L4 RI3, TRA 10019 L3, APRS:VE6RAV-7