Winton Davies <wdav...@cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Ah, sorry - I just noticed Casey suggesting sealing it -- thats the bit I
> dont understand - the bulk head has to be removable? or is it glued to the
> sled, in which case the antenna doesn't need to "separate"

Depends a lot on how you put things together.

May electronics bays are designed with a "sled" that's more or less
attached to one bulkhead, often by being attached to threaded rods that
are attached to the bulkhead.  Using a suitable connector to make the
other bulkhead detachable allows you to pull the bay apart to get to the
contents... but you have have the altimeter hard-mounted to a sled with
the wire going through the semi-permanently attached bulkhead.

Bdale