Peter Hackett <peter.hack...@cal.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I just charged my TeleMetrum battery and I noticed that the
> battery (silver wrapper) is bulging.

Uh-oh.

> How bad is this?

It nearly exploded. That's "bad". You're lucky you didn't get a fire...

> It seems to be "working" and the TeleMetrum can talk to my
> laptop. The software reports the battery voltage at 4.46 volts.

Definitely over charged. Did you do anything unusual to the battery? The
lipo charge controller on the TeleMetrum shouldn't be able to overcharge a
battery...

> Is this a "normal" voltage for after a charge?

Definitely not. You should never see it over 4.2V, and even that
shouldn't last for long.

(will answer questions from other email as well)

-keith