Andreas Herren wrote:

> I had the same problem, since I reboot my machine at least once day,
> i.e.
> between backup runs. So my solution was to avoid the use of tar with the
> "--listed-incremental=FILE" option and using "--incremental" instead.
>
> To achieve this I had to change the file config/config.h near line 628,
> undefining
> GNUTAR_LISTED_INCREMENTAL_DIR as shown below and recompile.

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately, mails didn't come the last two
days, then they came all at once (~150!). Although I checked for answers
to my problem first, I missed yours, so I wrote a first reply without
taking it into account.

It is too late to try your solution tonight, so I will rather ask you
some questions ;-)

Do you mean that just by undefining GNUTAR_LISTED_INCREMENTAL_DIR,
AMANDA is going to call tar using --incremental, instead of
--listed-incremental? And, by the way, what's the difference between the
two?

What do you mean by saying that "Linux-Directories with changes may use
more backup-space"? Does this mean "a little more backup-space", or "so
much more backup-space, as to render incrementals on Linux directories
almost as large as full backups"? In the latter case you are "exorcizing
devil with beelzebul"...

--
Regards

Chris Karakas