On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:39:55AM -0500, Matt Glaves wrote:
> I was looking through my Amanda index directory and noticed that my system
> is storing 10 days of incremental indexes, and only a single level 0 index
> at any given time.
>
> I have three backup sets:  Incremental, Weekly, and Monthy (with monthly
> being rotated for offsite storage).
>
> I want to set Amanda so that it will keep indexes for 21 days of
> incremental, 3 weeks of weekly level 0s, and never remove the indexes for
> the tapes which are rotated out.
>
> I originally thought this was determined by the amount of tapes in a cycle
> and the number of weeks, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Amanda keep the index files for all tape listed in your tapelist file.

> Also, should I be setting a separate index directory for all backup sets, or
> is it ok to share the same index directory for all backup sets?

That's your problem, each backup sets remove the index of the other
configuration.

Another solution is to share your tapelist file.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal