* Jean-Louis Martineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 08:59:30AM
-0500)
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 02:42:04PM +0100, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> > It's not the compression (or at leat not only the compression) that gives
> > the penalty, but more likely the 5 way split ..
> >
> > As long as Im doing incrementals it isn't too bad, since those dump to
> > disk, and from disk to tape is fast.
>
> Your drive must not be streaming because of latency in the pipes,
> try increasing tapebufs in amanda.conf.

Does increasing tapebufs improve the speed in which amanda dump to disk ?
I thought tapebufs was only for dumping to tape ?

        Gerhard,  (@jasongeo.com)       == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __0  What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
 =`\<,  I didn't know you had any feelings.