Greetings all,

I have 2 machines, the tape client and the tape server. Eg. client.example.org and
server.example.org.

In /home/amanda/.amandahosts on client.example.org is :

server.example.org      amanda
server.example.org      root
client.example.org      amanda
client.example.org      root

And in /home/amanda/.amandahosts on server.example.org is :

server.example.org      amanda
server.example.org      root
client.example.org      amanda
client.example.org      root

as well. I also have the following in the /etc/inetd.conf of each machine :

amanda          dgram   udp     wait    amanda.backup   /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/local/libexec/amandad
amidxtape       stream  tcp     nowait  amanda.backup   /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
amandaidx       stream  tcp     nowait  amanda.backup   /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/local/libexec/amindexd

The output of netstat -a | grep am is :

tcp        0      0 *:amandaidx             *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:amidxtape             *:*                     LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*

on both machines so it looks like they can talk to each other. Yet when I do
#amrecover -C client  -s server.example.org
 on client.example.org it always gives the following error :

client:~# amrecover -C client -s server.example.org
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2. Contacting server on server.example.org ...
220 server AMANDA index server (2.4.2) ready.
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
amandahostsauth failed

I do not see what I am doing wrong. I would be most gratefull if someone could help me
out with this.

Regards, Friedrich