Hi Tom,

OK I got it now this is a charity.

If the backups aren't too big and you have a big enough holding disk,
you might consider a strategy where you do some dumps to the holding
disk.  For example, I have a config where on Wednesdays, I flush the
holding disk and then do a dump with the tape in the drive, and the rest
of the week I just dump to disk.

If you are just backing up one or two servers, you might consider using
a tool like rsync to mirror the disks to another server off site that is
not web accessible, or ghosting to a removable hard drive.

Lastly, you might consider looking for a corporate sponsor who could put
the $ for the DDS4.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
CARB Systems and Network Administrator