>I check the status as the process progresses and I found that one directory
>got dumped okay, but the next one hangs at 100.04% :-?

Dn't worry about the 100.04 %, it just means that the estimate was a
bit over optimistic. So when it comes to transfer real data, there are
more than what it thought it should be.

Or new data have been created since the estimate (for /etc, it is not
uncommon that some system tables grow there all the time).

Now do you have any message about the hang?

What are you using as a firewall? Cobalt system? I would be quite
catious on putting too much load on such a firewall (OK I have only 8
hours experience with such system :)

I run back-up by GB without any trouble...

Olivier