On Thursday 13 December 2001 07:30 am, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> Many people (myself included) have hit this issue with Linux dump (or
> perhaps the combo of Linux dump and 2.4 kernels).  You have two options.
> You can upgrade to the latest dump/restore versions from
> dump.sourceforge.net, and that may or may not fix the problem.  It didn't
> for me.  Or you can switch to using GNUtar for your backups.  This is what
> I did, and haven't looked back.

  It seems like this question/problem pops up every few weeks whenever a new
person starts using amanda on linux. Perhaps there should be something in the
documentation, or even better, a warning when the person runs configure that
they may experience this problem if they try to use dump on linux. I
attempted to add something to the Faq-O-Matic because I didn't see this on
it, but I got an error adding a user login. I sent a seperate email to the
list about it.

  At any rate, do a search through the email archive over the past few months
to get more than enough correspondence about this problem. :)

--

Chris Dahn, SERG Code Ninja
  3141 Chestnut St.

<->Software Engineering Research Group<->
Feel the SERG!
http://serg.mcs.drexel.edu/
CAT 186, The Microwave
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Christopher+Dahn&op=index